10/05/2008

ANOTHER GREAT SHOT FROM QE2 LIVERPOOL FIREWORKS



Pete Carr, a great Welsh photograher explains his shot:

"I basically waited around for 3 hours to get this photo. I spent 30 mins at the cruise terminal warming up with a coffee and headed back to my spot. I waited for another hour doing various tests with my filter on and off to see how the light was working and then waited. 10pm, the QE2’s horn blows a signal that the display is about to start. *clack* My ND filter and holder fall off into the Mersey. “Noooooo!” Absolutely totally randomly and very fustratingly it fell off! I was using the ND to compensate for the dynamic range issue. The light on the ship and the light from the fireworks didn’t match up. Go for one and lose the other. So I had to go for the fireworks and wait till the end to squeeze in a static nicely exposed photo of the QE2 to later use for exposure blending. Typical really."
Congratulations Pete!

This must be one the best QE2 pictures ever taken, for sure.

No comments: